‘Advanced Custom Fields’ Plugin Compatibility
If problems arise with the ACF integration, please use the plugin’s support forum to request assistance.
- Log in to your WordPress website. When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’. On the left-hand side, you will see a menu. In that menu, click on ‘Custom Fields’.
- If you haven’t already, create a field group ( How to guide).
- Edit a page or post that contains your field group and enter data in the custom field. Example below is a custom field on our locations custom post type included with our Local SEO plugin.
- Publish or Update the page or post to refresh the content analysis check.
There are a few exceptions to keep in mind. Please check the plugin’s readme.txt for the most up-to-date information.
- Yoast SEO ACF Analysis does not work with the WYSIWYG Editors which can be assigned to a custom field using the Advanced Custom Fields Plugin.
- Configuration of Field Instructions, Required, Placeholder Text, Prepend, Append, Formatting, Character Limit, and Conditional Logic will not influence the ability of our plugin to include the custom field into the score analysis. However, any text
included in the Default Value will be counted in the score analysis.
- Numbers are not included in score analysis. The plugin does not work with the email, message, or password field types.
- Changing the rules at later date for that custom field may result in a loss of data.
- Hyperlinks placed in the custom field will not be included in the score analysis.
- Embedded videos will not be played.
- HTML tags will not work in the custom field and the tags will not be counted.