Configuration Guide For Yoast SEO
After you have installed Yoast SEO, you will have a new menu available to customize your SEO global settings. The plugin also adds SEO settings at the post, page and taxonomy level.
- Log in to your WordPress website.
When you're logged in, you will be in your 'Dashboard'.
- Click on 'SEO'.
On the left-hand side, you will see a menu. In that menu, click on 'SEO'.
SEO > General
Dashboard | Features | Webmaster Tools
This section includes general things that don't fit elsewhere like (re)starting the configuration wizard which should be the first thing to do. In the configuration wizard, you can configure the most important settings on your site, like define your name for Google's site name markup, modify whether you are a company or a person for Google's Knowledge Graph, connecting to the various Webmaster Tools, and setting which post types should show up in the search appearances.
- How To Connect To Google Webmaster Tools
- How To Connect To Bing Webmaster Tools
- How To Connect To Yandex Webmaster Tools
- How to Submit your Sitemaps
SEO > Search Appearance
General | Content Types | Media | Taxonomies | Archives | Breadcrumbs | RSS
This sections allows you to customize the title and meta templates that are automatically applied to your content, prevent duplicate content and decide if a certain post type should appear in the search results.
- How to Use Template Variables
- How To Prevent Duplicate Content
- The Difference Between Focus Keyphrases and Meta Keywords
SEO > Social
Accounts | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Google+
This section allows you the option to associate your site with your social media profiles for Google's Knowledge Graph, enable Open Graph meta data, enable Twitter card meta data, verify your site with Pinterest, and enable Google+ meta data.
- How To Set Up Open Graph for Your Site
- How To Set Up Twitter Cards
- How To Set Up Pinterest Rich Pins
Bulk Editor | File Editor | Import and Export | Text Link Counter
Warning: This section may require advanced WordPress experience and, in rare cases, may cause problems with other functions of your site. Use with caution.
We offer a bulk editor, a file editor, an import/export tool and a text link counter analysis. If you have Yoast SEO Premium, this also includes the analysis for the internal linking tool.
SEO > Search Console
Desktop | Smartphone | Feature phone | Settings
If you have claimed your site in Google Search Console, you can retrieve the crawl errors for your site.
- How To Connect and Retrieve Crawl Issues
- How To Add Your Website To Google Search Console
- How to Change the Google Search Console Profile
SEO > Go Premium
You can learn more about our premium plugins or view your activation status.