How do I customize the SEO roles?
Table of Contents
Available SEO Roles
- SEO Editor – Has all SEO capabilities except wpseo_manage_options and wpseo_bulk_edit. SEO Editors will not have access to any of the Yoast sidebar features. With Yoast SEO premium, they will have access only to the redirect feature.
- SEO Manager – Has all SEO capabilities
Available SEO capabilities
- wpseo_manage_options (full access to Yoast SEO settings)
- wpseo_edit_advanced_metadata (Advanced tab of Yoast SEO metabox)
- wpseo_bulk_edit (Bulk SEO editor)
- wpseo_manage_redirects (Premium only)
Customize Without Using a Plugin
To customize the SEO roles or provide SEO capabilities to other WordPress roles, you can edit the roles of your users. Go to Users->Find the User and click “edit”->Scroll down and find “Role” then adjust it to one of the Yoast roles (SEO Editor or SEO Manager) in the drop-down box.
If you are not sure how to find your users or how exactly to customize roles without using a plugin on your site, please speak to your host provider or theme developer as changes may have been made.
Customize Using a Plugin
To customize the SEO roles or provide SEO capabilities to other WordPress roles, we recommend using a permission plugin like Justin Tadlock’s excellent Members plugin.
Customize With Code
If you are not sure how to develop on Yoast we suggest contacting a Yoast Partner who can help you.