Fatal error: Allowed memory exhausted
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of #### bytes exhausted (tried to allocate #### bytes) in /PATH_TO_WORDPRESS/wp-content/PATH_TO_PROBLEM/FILE.php on line ###
This error occurs when your server runs out of memory to complete the task at hand. Increasing the memory allotted or decreasing the number of tasks will fix the issue.
- Deactivate and remove plugins you no longer use may free up the right amount of memory needed to complete the tasks at hand.
- Reduce the number of tasks running at once or temporarily deactivate non-critical plugins.
- Try adding this line to your wp-config.php file:
- If you have access to your PHP.ini file, change the line in PHP.ini If your line shows 32M, try 128M:
memory_limit = 128M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (128MB)
- If you don’t have access to PHP.ini try adding this to an .htaccess file:
php_value memory_limit 128M
- Contact your webhost for additional assistance with your server’s memory.