Google Search Console Not Displaying Crawl Errors
First, determine whether you have a blank or an empty crawl issue screen. A blank screen is basically a white or gray screen with nothing at all. An empty screen shows the crawl issues but contains no crawl issues. In some cases, you may see the wrong amount of crawl issues.
In This Article:
Crawl Errors Loads Blank Screen
Sometimes this happens when your server times out before the crawl issues are fully downloaded. This can happen if you have a large amount of crawl issues or if your webhost set a low max timeout.
- Reset your Google authentication code as shown in How to Change the Google Search Console Profile
- Please check your server log to see if there are any errors related to timeout. If so, please contact your webhost and request the max timeout be increased.
- Sometimes a large amount of crawl issues will need to be handled directly in Google Search Console (former Google Webmaster Tools). Once the large amount has been reduced to a load your server can handle, you can reconnect to handle the new crawl issues within our plugin.
Crawl Errors Loads Empty
Check for crawl issues directly in Google here. If you have more than one property, make sure you select the same property in Google Search Console as you originally selected in the plugin settings. If Google has no data, our plugin also will have no data. This means Google shows no errors for your site. However, you should check for new errors on a regular basis.
Wrong Number of Crawl Errors
In some cases, the crawl issues listed in the plugin may not match the crawl issues listed in Google Search Console (former Google Webmaster Tools).
- Reset your Google authentication code and reconnect to Google Search Console (former Google Webmaster Tools), as shown in How to Change the Google Search Console Profile. This will make our plugin reload new crawl issues.
- If the wrong amount still displays, this is likely an issue with the data Google makes available to others through their service. Please mark all crawl issues on both sides as fixed or ignored. This will reset both sides of the crawl issue service allowing the number to match going forward.