How to Change the Google Search Console Profile
Did you accidentally select the wrong profile to retrieve crawl errors in Google Search Console? Don't fret, we include an option to reset the connection allowing you to change to another profile. This comes in handy when you set your preferred domain to a profile that is not currently selected in our plugin.
Table of Contents
Change Profile in Dashboard
- Log in to your WordPress website.
When you're logged in, you will be in your 'Dashboard'.
- Click on 'SEO'.
On the left-hand side, you will see a menu. In that menu, click on 'SEO'.
- Click on 'Search Console'.
The 'SEO' settings will expand providing you additional options. Click on 'Search Console'.
- Click on the 'Settings' tab.
- Click 'Reauthenticate with Google'.
- Connect to Google Search Console again.
If some cases, you may need to manually reset the Google Search Console token that connects the Yoast search console to Google. You can do this from the options-page of your WordPress admin.
- Log in on your website as an administrator.
- Go to http://example.com/wp-admin/options.php
- Search for 'wpseo-gsc-refresh_token'. If you do not find this field, please skip to step 5.
- Remove the code and click 'Save Changes' at the bottom.
- Connect to Google Search Console (former Google Webmaster Tools) again.