How Can I Uninstall My Plugin?
Looking to uninstall a plugin by Yoast? This guide will tell you how!
- The first thing you have to do, is log in to your WordPress website. When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’. On the left-hand side, you will see a menu.
- In that menu, click on ‘Plugins’.
- ‘Plugins’ will be highlighted in the menu and you will be shown the plugins you have installed.
- Locate the plugin you want to uninstall and click deactivate. If the plugin is not active, you can skip this step.
- The page will reload after the deactivation process completes.
- If you do not plan on using the plugin again, you can delete it.
- After clicking delete, you will see a confirmation screen. You must click ‘Yes, Delete these files’ or the plugin will not be deleted. If you would like to see the list of files to be deleted, click the link below titled ‘Click to view entire list of files which will be deleted’
Note for advanced users: This does not remove everything from the database. If you want to remove all traces of our plugins, please search the database for entries containing
wpseo and manually remove the data. Please backup the database before making these changes.