How To Connect Your Website To Bing Webmaster Tools
Yoast SEO allows you to connect your website to Bing Webmaster Tools so you can track how Bing is crawling your website.
- Go to Bing Webmaster Tools and enter your site URL address in the field that says Add site.
Note: In the SEO > General settings of Yoast SEO, Bing Webmaster Tools is hyperlinked in order to help direct you to the right place to connect your website.
- Enter the sitemap and click the button that says Add. If you’re connecting your website for the first time and don’t know anything about when your site’s traffic is the highest, just choose the default option.
Note: Did you know our plugin can create a sitemap? Enable or find your sitemap using this Knowledge Base article.
- Get the code.You will want to use the meta tag under Option 2. Only copy the code that is in the parenthesis after content, as per the image below.
- Log in to your WordPress website. When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’. On the left-hand side, you will see a menu. In that menu, click on ‘SEO’.
- The ‘SEO’ settings will expand providing you additional options. Click on ‘Dashboard’.
- Click on the ‘Webmaster Tools’ tab and add the code under ‘Bing Webmaster Tools’. Click ‘ Save Changes’.
- Switch back to Bing Webmaster Tools and click ‘Verify’. (See image in Step 3)