How to edit .htaccess through Yoast SEO?
.htaccessfile is not writable or your WordPress install has disabled file editing, the following steps may fail. Optionally, you can edit at the server level.
Edit In WordPress Dashboard
- Log in to your WordPress website. When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’. On the left-hand side, you will see a menu. In that menu, click on ‘SEO’.
- The ‘SEO’ settings will expand providing you additional options. Click on ‘Tools’.
If you do not see this option, please enable advanced features.
- Click on ‘File Editor’.
This menu will not appear if your WordPress install has disabled file editing. Please enable file editing or edit the file through FTP.
- Make the changes to your
- Save your changes.
Create or Edit On Your Server
- Use your favorite text editor and create a text file.
- Save the empty file with the name
- Upload the file to your server root.
Now you should be able to edit the newly created file from our plugin using the steps above. If not, you can always edit the
.htaccess file directly on your server using FTP or a server file manager.
Please contact your webhost for assistance if you have trouble uploading or editing files on your server.