Installation Guide for Yoast SEO Premium
Thank you for purchasing Yoast SEO for WordPress Premium.
Table of Contents
- Download the plugin
- My download is a folder, not a zip file
- Upgrade from free version
- Install the plugin
Download the plugin
You can download the plugin in the download section of My Yoast. When you click the download button of the Yoast SEO Premium plugin in My Yoast, you will either be prompted to select a folder to save the zipped file or your browser will save the zip file automatically to your download folder. You will need to know where the file downloaded during the installation.
You can always visit the download section of My Yoast, should you wish to download the plugin again.
My download is a folder, not a zip file
If you’re downloading one of our plugins and instead of a .zip file you get a folder, your computer is unzipping the archive immediately. The steps to change this behavior depend on the browser you use to download the file. After you change the behavior using the steps here, return to your email and download the plugin again.
Upgrade from free version
If you are upgrading from the free version, please update to the most recent version of the free plugin first. Once you have the current free version, please deactivate the free version prior to upgrading to premium. After the upgrade, you can safely remove the free version as you no longer need it. When you remove the free version you may expect all your SEO data and settings to be transferred to the premium version.
Install the plugin
Installing the premium version is a little different than the free version because it’s a downloadable plugin and not one found in the free WordPress plugin repository. To install Yoast SEO for WordPress Premium, go to Plugins → Add New → Upload Plugin to browse for the zipped file and click Install Now.
- Log in to your WordPress website. When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’. On the left-hand side, you will see a menu. In that menu, click on ‘Plugins’.
- If you are upgrading from the free version, please update to the current version and deactivate the plugin before installing premium.
- The ‘Plugins’ settings will expand providing you additional options. Click on ‘Add New’.
- Click the ‘Upload Plugin’ button near the top of the screen.
- Click the ‘Choose File’ button. Browse to the folder where you saved the plugin download and select the plugin zip file.
- Click ‘Install Now’. This make take a while so be patient.
- Click ‘Activate Plugin’.
- If you are upgrading from the free version, you can safely remove the free plugin now. All previously entered Yoast SEO data and settings are now available in the premium plugin.
- Please follow the steps to connect your subscription to the installed and activated plugin on your site.