Is my cURL up-to-date?
Running an outdated cURL version may cause license activation errors. cURL is used to verify the license when checking for updates and displaying the tutorial videos. The remainder of the plugin is accessible regardless of license activation status.
If you're not hosting your own website, you probably won't be able to update cURL yourself, but you can check what version is running.
How to check the cURL version on your server
- Log in to your WordPress website. When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’.
- On the left-hand side, you will see a menu. In that menu, click on ‘Plugins’.
- The ‘Plugins’ settings will expand providing you additional options. Click on ‘Add New’.
- Type ‘Health Check’ in the search bar, as shown below.
- This will give you a page of search results. The Health Check plugin should be visible now. Click the ‘Install Now’ button to start installing the plugin, as shown below:
- Click the ‘Activate’ button that appeared where the ‘Install Now’ button was previously located, as shown below:
- On the left-hand side, click on ‘Dashboard’ at the top.
- The ‘Dashboard’ menu will expand providing you additional options. Click on ‘Health Check’.
- Click on 'PHP Information'.
- Scroll down until you see the section with ‘curl’ as title. It should look like this:
The most important settings are:
- cURL support: enabled
- cURL information: This should be the most recent cURL version.
- SSL: Yes
If one (or more) of the above three settings do not match your current installation, please contact your hosting provider and have them fix this for you.