White Screen When Activating Or Updating Plugin
A white screen happens when plugins and/or themes conflict during the activation of a plugin or theme.
- FTP into your website. Please contact your webhost for assistance with how FTP works for your server.
- Navigate to /Path_to_Wordpress/wp-content/
- Rename the plugins folder to plugins_old.
- Log into your WordPress admin dashboard. This automatically deactivates all plugins since the folder was renamed.
- In FTP, rename the plugins_old folder back to plugins. This allows you to see the deactivated plugins in your admin dashboard.
- Follow the steps in this article to check for plugin conflicts.