Yoast SEO Configuration Wizard
The configuration wizard will walk you through the common setup questions and automatically setup some of the basic features. We hope this feature makes it a little less overwhelming to open Yoast SEO for the first time.
How to Rerun The Wizard
If you’d like to rerun the wizard you can launch it from the general tab on the settings page.
- Log in to your WordPress website. When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’. On the left-hand side, you will see a menu. In that menu, click on ‘SEO’.
- The ‘SEO’ settings will expand providing you additional options. Click on ‘Dashboard’.
- Click on the ‘General’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Open the configuration wizard’ button.
Using the Wizard Manually
In some instances, the Configuration Wizard may not work due to a conflict issue. In these cases you may need to configure the wizard manually.
1. If your site is under construction, go to Settings->Readings->Search Engine Visibility and select the box. This will apply a noindex tag across your entire site. If your site is already published then make sure the box is not selected.
2. Go to SEO->Dashboard->Company Info and complete the fields
3. Go to SEO->Social->Accounts and enter in the urls for your social media sites.
4. Go to SEO->Titles and Metas->Post types and select the Post Types you wish to Google to index and appear in a search or noindex. This guide explains more about how to noindex: How do I Noindex Urls?. If you do not see the Titles and Metas section you may need to enable the advanced features. This guide explains more about how to enable those features: How do I Enable the Advanced Features?
5. Go to SEO->Titles and Metas->Archives and if your site has many authors to enable the Author Archives. If your site has only one author, disable them. This helps to then prevent duplicate content issues.
6. Go to SEO->Titles and Metas and set your title separator.
7. Go to Settings->General->Site Name and enter in your site’s name in the field.
8. If not, consider signing up for the Newsletter to get updates on new posts and products: Sign-up for Newsletter.