Yoast SEO Configuration Wizard
The configuration wizard will walk you through the common setup questions and automatically setup some of the basic features. We hope this feature makes it a little less overwhelming to open Yoast SEO for the first time.
Open the Configuration Wizard
- Log in to your WordPress website. When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’. On the left-hand side, you will see a menu. In that menu, click on ‘SEO’.
- The ‘SEO’ settings will expand providing you additional options. Click on ‘General’.
- Click on the ‘Dashboard’ tab.
- If you have not used the wizard, click on the ‘configuration wizard’ link.
- If you have previously used the wizard, click on the ‘Open the configuration wizard again’ link.
Using the Wizard Manually
In some instances, the Configuration Wizard may not work due to a conflict issue. In these cases, you may need to configure the plugin manually by viewing every settings page.
- Go to Admin > Settings
- Under ‘General’, enter in your site’s name in the ‘Site Title’ field.
- Under ‘Reading’, check the ‘Discourage search engines from indexing this site’ option if your site is under construction. Otherwise, uncheck the option so search engines will crawl your site.
- Go to Admin > SEO > Search Appearance
- Under ‘General’, choose a title separator and complete the Knowledge Graph fields.
- Under ‘Content Types’, select the content you wish for Google show or not show in search results.
- Under ‘Archives’, enable the Author Archives if your site has many authors. Otherwise, disable them to prevent duplicate content issues.
- Go to Admin > SEO > Social > Accounts and enter in the URLs for your social media profiles.
- Go to Admin > SEO > Search Console and connect to view crawl issues. How To Connect and Retrieve Crawl Issues